Child Behavior Expert Forum
Re: Add + Tics

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Re: Add + Tics

Subject: Re: Add + Tics

Forum: The Child Behaviorial Health Forum

....
Thank you for your question.  With regard to ADD and tics - sometimes these conditions do occur together naturally.  Other times, the tic can be a result of medication, or possibly aggravated by medication. Sometimes tics are reversible - but sometimes, not.  In terms of whether you can get rid of your tic - I would suggest you discuss that with your doctor.  It depends upon the cause of your tic - whether or not it is treatable.  In any case, I would proceed very cautiously with whatever medication you use.
     Hope this helps.   Good luck - Dr. EV.

Follow Ups: