Child Behavior Community
Respecting Other Writers on this Forum!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Respecting Other Writers on this Forum!

I know I am way off the subject but I just wanted to say something regarding this forum and what it should be about.  I just signed up last week so I can relate to other people and their stories.  I realized this site is great help for us parents that are new or clueless of what to do with our children that seem to behave or have some type of problem.  I try to read as much as I can to try and get tips from all of you that might help me at home, but I’ve noticed people write very sarcastic and hurtful comments.  I just want to clarify that if you’re having a bad day or don’t agree with something someone wrote don’t sit there and write something hurtful or sarcastic.  It’s disrespectful and you don’t know how it’s making the writer feel.  If you have nothing nice to say then don’t share the opinion or at least try to be nice about it.  Remember this forum is about trying to get some type of clue or trying to see if your story relates to others and not to get someone’s approval of what we decide to do.  It’s not bad to say what you feel, but what matters is the way you put it.

Everyone have a wonderful day and good luck with all the troubles you are encountering with you child.
I know I've seen some pretty mean answers but you can't let that stop you from answering posts.  In fact, we need more people that have a heart.  The mean ppl seem to go away eventually if you ignore them.  I've read some of your posts and you are really good and caring.  Please don't leave...we need ppl like you!!!
Hi Mayflowers, thank you.. I know that ignoring is the best.. but I felt bad for some replies that I read and it made me question  myself thinking if I'm actually druging my child for no reason..but I came to realize that their is mean people out their.  I feel so much better though reading about others peoples situations.. I don't feel alone anymore =)  

I'll promise to ignore...
Good!!   I've seen so many people helped by medhelp forums (myself included) that the good outweighs the bad.

You know what's best for your child.  Parents post in this forum b/c they need advice from ppl with similar issues.  They need to hear how others deal with issues and what their options are.

Ignore the trolls....they slither away eventually.  They used to make me upset but now I just write around them.  If you see something that is way out of line and you feel like it, let them know.  And if they are really mean and being abusive, you can report them to medhelp and they will delete their posts and possibly kick them off the site.  
Darn the "gift" of empathy!  The truth is there a lot of people in the world who don't have the capacity to empathize with others while people like the three of us can actually feel it!  It is so hard to allow oneself to be vulnerable enough to ask a question (especially concerning child behavior) and to be judged for trying to find help and support!  It hurts.  Makes us want to scream!  I hear you, and I'm screaming with you and I usually do post a slightly sarcastic response back at that person with the words you've expressed above.  (probably not the most mature thing in the world, but they need to know is how I feel about it. lol) It's probably better to remember that it's not their fault that they live life in a stunted capacity that does not allow them to experience empathy -which honestly makes life richer and is actually a wonderful gift.
It's nice to know there are others out there who aren't judgmental and are here for support and to give support.  Thanks for your post!