Child Behavior Expert Forum
School Uniform

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

School Uniform
My six year old son has to wear a uniform to school and he gives me problems with it every single morning.  It's extremely frustrating as I have three other children, two of which also need to get ready for school.  Some days, I have to physically put his shirt on him.  He is very picky about clothes in general, but the uniform is causing great angst and stress.  I try to remain calm, but it's very difficult since the mornings are stressful enough.
The goal of managing the behavior will be to make it in his best interest to comply with wearing the uniform without a struggle. Make something that he values (e.g., a favored television show, favored video game) contingent on cooperating with getting dressed in the morning.
I'm wondering if your son is sensitive to the "feeling" of the uniform - is it too tight, too scratchy, too uncomfortable, etc.  Maybe the problem is the "physical" uniform itself.  Anyway, just wondering .....