Child Behavior Expert Forum
Sexual Arousal in a 5 year old boy

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Sexual Arousal in a 5 year old boy
I am the grandmother and my daughter told me she noticed when her five year old boy had a  boy friend over and they got out of the swimming pool her son wanted to see the other boy naked and when he did he got an errection,  is this normal and should she explain or say anthing to him, she is very concerned??
In a simple and straightforward way, she should tell her son that it is not appropriate to be asking other children to undress, and it is not appropriate for him to accept such an invitation from others. Now, there are times when it is perfectly normal for children to view one another in a state of undress; for example, while changing clothes in a locker room or dressing area at a pool, gym, etc. The curiosity is very normal for the age, but limits have to be set about what is and is not permissible.