Child Behavior Expert Forum
Shoudl I worry deeper into my daughter behavior issues
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Shoudl I worry deeper into my daughter behavior issues

My daughter is 5 1/2 and she can be the sweetest little girl you have ever met but she goes through there phases where she does things that she knows is wrong but she does them anyways.

Here recently she has been upsessed with the word SEX she has written it spelled it out and has said to others and told my boyfrieds daghter that she wanted to have sex. This word is not used at my house and we do not speak like that at all.

Second I just found out she has bee peeing in the cats litter box!! I am so ashamed I dont know what to do is this normal? I asked her why and she said because the bathroom is too far and she is too tired to walk that far.... the bathroom is right next to her room.

She is a chronic liar about everything and no matter how many times she gets in trouble for the same thing over and over again she still does what she wants and the punishments seem to not phase her.

Is there something deeper going on then just being rebelious?
242606_tn?1243786248
It would be prudent to have her evaluated by a pediatric mental health professional to rule out emotional disorder. For the most part this sounds like normal-spectrum child behavior problems and can be addressed via a program of systematic behavior management. For a guide to such a program, see Lynn Clark's SOS Help for Parents.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank