Son Hitting Self When Angry
My 6yo son hits himself when angry or when disiplined. I didn't start do this until he until he started going to a sitter who's son has PPD-who just happens to hit his head on the floor, wall, fist whatever. Now I need to stop the behavior in my son. I am changing jobs in a couple of months and hopefully won't require a sitter, but right now she is all I have. when my son was little-18months-2years he would bite himself when frustrated. He had an undiagnosed ear problem till he was 2, got his hearing working and he didn't bite himself as often. Hasn't done that for a while. Just need to figure out this hitting self. I can't stand it!!!
Try to show him a different way to get his anger out. Children need to get their stress out and not keep it bottled up inside.  The next time he does this, try to show him a different way maybe like screaming or throwing a pillow around, whatever you can think of.