Child Behavior Expert Forum
Son is rocking back and forth constantly.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Son is rocking back and forth constantly.

I have an almost 4 year old son who has been rocking back and forth constantly since he was 18 months. This didn't start until after his baby sister was born in November of 2004. What could possibly be wrong with him?
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
Rhythmic behaviors such as rocking are usually self-comforting, self-soothing behaviors. Rocking per se is not a sign of a problem. If in all other respects your son is developing normally, the rocking needn't pose any concern. Are there any areas of developmental delay with him? Does his pediatrician have any concerns? It is the context in which rocking occurs, not the rocking per se, that might lead one to have some concern.
3 Comments
Blank
I rock alot....  i have aspergers syndrome.. but.. i also have other behaviors that go along with the rocking.........dont go diagnosing him just yet!!  rocking like that can also be soothing to him.. without knowing a full history it would be very difficult to say ANYTHING about why  he would be doing that.. other than the fact that it is a response to something he is feeling....  
Blank
im so sorry.. i put this in the wrong forum!! i meant it to go in the patient to patient forum
Blank
A related discussion, can this disorder be cusd by ptsd? was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank