Child Behavior Community
Son "peeing" all the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Son "peeing" all the time

I have a 4 1/2 year old son who is "peeing" constantly through the day (especially when we are out in the car - he says he is going to "wee" his pants if we don't stop and then hardly goes at all and sometimes we just stand there for ages and he doesn't go).   This has only started in the last 2 months with him starting to wet his bed (which has now stopped), however, last night I heard him get up 3 times and run to go to the toilet.  The first time I went into him (to make sure he had blankets on) and I'm sure I stepped in a wet patch on his carpet where he had done a wee.  The next time I went in again and I'm positive it was wetter so I'm sure he did it again.

I've taken him for a urine test and he says it doesn't sting when he goes and everything seems OK so I don't know where to go from here.   .

I have a baby girl who has just turned 1, and I'm wondering if this may be a reaction to having a baby in the house?   He seems to love her dearly but he can be prone to making her cry when I'm not watching.   I don't know if he is "hurting" her or just "squashing" her by trying to give her cuddles but I'm at my wits end.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Tags: Peeing
it's possible it could be anxiety? maybe when he feels the need to go he panics slightly, making him feel like he needs to go more than he actually does (i.e in the car). If this is a continuous things he maybe constantly anxious as he know what will happen the next time he needs go (wetting his pants, or being so anxious he can't actually pee). Possibly try going back to square one with him, get him to tell you when he needs to go, tell him he's not going to wet himself etc. also make sure he goes before he goes to bed (which i'm sure you already do). I'm prob way off the track but obviously you've gotten him checked for infections etc. As for your one year old, the only thing you can do is reinforce to your son not to squeeze her so tight and that she only little. hope all goes well! :)
Sorry for all the grammer errors! Have to check before i post!