Child Behavior Expert Forum
Son touching other boys

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Son touching other boys
On numerous occasions, my 8 yr old son has been accused of touching other boys in his class, in the crotch. There have been at least 10 incidences of it, and we have tried every positive parenting technique that we know of.  When asked about it, he says he doesn't do that.  He says that he knows that it is wrong. He doesn't have close friends in school, and prefers to play with girls.  I am concerned that other boys will avoid him and that my son will develop further anti-social behaviours.  Any tips?
This behavior certainly will have a corrosive impact on your son's peer relationships. Beyond the impact, though, is the concern about the behavior itself, regardless of its impact. On the parenting end of the spectrum, be sure you establish firm, unambiguous limits, and do not invite him to deny the behavior by asking about it when you learn that he has touched someone in this manner. Establish a uniform, 'automatic' consequence, which consequence should be implemented whenever he violates the rule. In addition, have him evalauted by a pediatric mental health clinician. The repetitive nature of this behavior in a child of his age is a cause for concern.
Have you ever thought that maybe this child @ some point in his life may have been touched by another man in the same way he has been touching his classmates?  This could be his way of crying out for help...give you the heads up that there is something wrong...according to your message he knows that this kind of action is not right, I would watch the behavior(s) he has when he is around different people...esp the men in his life.  Church, school, home (neighbors etc), the school bus, any after school programs, or recreational facilities.  The way the world is today and who crazy people are these days you cannot take a chance with your childs life!  Good Luck and I hope things turn out fine.
A related discussion, 12 year old son touching other boys was started.