Child Behavior Expert Forum
Speech and language delays
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Speech and language delays

My daughter is going to be 3 at the end of July she has had speech and language delays. She understands far more than we would like her too :) she basically potty trained herself before she was 2 its the language thats killing us, she talks a lot but there are a lot of words we don't understand, or she will use AHH-MINE for numerous meanings. She is currently in speech therapy but i don't think its helping, she makes her sounds but she doesn't put the words together. when shes frustrated she pretends shes sleeping or just says NO! She's very independent there seems to be no lack of self esteem, its like she doesn't care at times. I'm concerned with her going to pre-school or Kindergarten, how will they communicate with her?
She is very stubborn. I've been told she will catch up but when should i be doing more. When my daughter trys to repeat words the sound her pronunciation is way off! her hearing has been tested at that was fine. Can you give me some advise.
Thank you