Child Behavior Community
Spinal Tap efffects in children

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Spinal Tap efffects in children

My son who is now 6 years old, once receivd a spinaltp at 2 months of age.  He has now been diagnosed with ADHD due to poor performance in first grade.  He is marked with inattention, impulsiveness, and a low tolerance for frustration.  His problems in schoo is not due to poor behavior or bad choices, it is mostley de to not able to follow instructions with class work and routines.  My question is :  Does a spinal tap at such a young age cause dysfunctions in the nervous system?
My son is 6 and he gets a spinaltap every 3 months.....i have not noticed nore have his teacher any add,or adhd behavior.....in 2006 he was dinosed with cancer and had 13 spinaltaps in that year,,so its been almost 3 years of constent spinal taps at first every week... then every month..now every 3 months until he is done with his cemo...On the other hand my 7 yrold dose show add,adhd behavior..but our dr wont test until he is 9......so good luck and i hope this helps a little...
      Valerie
Honestly,  jim,  I would suspect the REASON he got a spinal tap in the first place,  instead of the spinal tap itself.  It sounds like your son had a serious illness that warranted a spinal tap.  

I think looking in that direction - toward the disease or virus or bacteria - instead of the spinal tap procedure - might be helpful.  

On the other hand a lot of boys have ADHD who have never had a spinal tap or any serious disease that would warrant a spinal tap.
Can you give more details?  My daughter had one at 4 months and I think there might be parallels.