Spitting/foaming while asleep
My 2 1/2 year old started licking or spitting on her fingers and wiping it on toys or whatever she wants, after discussing the inappropriate behavior she stopped.  She started waking up from nap wet on her shirt and in her hair.  I thought she was spitting when she first got up but after waking her up, found her foaming at the mouth with saliva and have no idea what to make of it....is this a normal phase?  what do I do?  can she choke?
Has your daughter ever had any type of seizures? Salivating/foaming at the mouth can be a sign of seizure activities. But at the same time, she may just be producing extra saliva from teething or being sick or just plain extra saliva. Kids tend to drool during their sleep as well. I'm sure that she'll be fine but if you're really concerned with this matter, take her to her pediatrician. They'll be able to clarify anything that you may have to ask.
Pediatritian said teething, or post nasal drip, or looking for comfort- actually not my pediatrician, her admin assistant did....I went back today and requested an appt- she was snotty to me.  After explaining genetic history in my family, she granted me an appt for Monday.  I tried to tape her nap today, but she wanted to dance for the camera, no nap was taken.  I went to my journal to 6 months ago when we would find her in her bed in vomit, but would not have heard her expelling the vomit...At that time, i was told it was nothing...same reaction here, I am not at peace about this- (1st time mom) but many experienced moms are pushing/.encouraging me to look into it until they understand what is going on.  Thanks for taking time out to reach me!