Aa
A
A
Close
Sudden Separation Anxiety in Very Extroverted 4 year old
My daughter is just over 4. She has been in preschool for  9 months and has never displayed even a whiff of separation anxiety. She is extremely gregarious with strangers, plays independently for hours without fuss, makes friends easily and loves school. But suddenly, for a couple of weeks, she gets clingy and cries when my husband or I drop her off at school. They have to practically pry her from my leg. It seems to be getting a little worse each time, too. The teachers say she is fine within a few minutes & is happy-go-lucky the rest of the day.

Originally, she went 5 days a week, but for the last 3 or 4 months, she goes M,W,F & is home with me T & Th. This schedule change isn't recent. I can't really point to anything else that has changed. (Except that she asked me to start picking her up later so she could stay for more free play time & the 5:00 snack!) But this is the child that has left me in a whirl of dust at the classroom door since day one. It's just very strange behavior for her.  Any suggestions? Thanks!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
535822 tn?1443980380
Has she made any new friends, what do they do in the free play time , maybe some form of bullying it may be worth checking out , are you able to arrive early to pick her up and check who it is she plays with.Has there been a new addition to the family new baby ,new relative, new happening, would make her want to stay with you all of a sudden?
Comment
Cancel
535822 tn?1443980380
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank