Sudden Separation Anxiety in Very Extroverted 4 year old
My daughter is just over 4. She has been in preschool for  9 months and has never displayed even a whiff of separation anxiety. She is extremely gregarious with strangers, plays independently for hours without fuss, makes friends easily and loves school. But suddenly, for a couple of weeks, she gets clingy and cries when my husband or I drop her off at school. They have to practically pry her from my leg. It seems to be getting a little worse each time, too. The teachers say she is fine within a few minutes & is happy-go-lucky the rest of the day.

Originally, she went 5 days a week, but for the last 3 or 4 months, she goes M,W,F & is home with me T & Th. This schedule change isn't recent. I can't really point to anything else that has changed. (Except that she asked me to start picking her up later so she could stay for more free play time & the 5:00 snack!) But this is the child that has left me in a whirl of dust at the classroom door since day one. It's just very strange behavior for her.  Any suggestions? Thanks!
Has she made any new friends, what do they do in the free play time , maybe some form of bullying it may be worth checking out , are you able to arrive early to pick her up and check who it is she plays with.Has there been a new addition to the family new baby ,new relative, new happening, would make her want to stay with you all of a sudden?