Child Behavior Expert Forum
Teen brother exposes himself to sister

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Teen brother exposes himself to sister

our 4 y/o daughter came to her daddy yesterday and told him her brother pulled his pants down and showed her his booty and asked her to touch it.  She pulled her pants down in the front to show how he did it.  She does not know the term for "penis" and we don't talk about cutsie words for that either.  I think she is calling his penis booty.  My husband and I were stunned!!!!  My son has been living with his biological father for the last two years.  He comes to our house about two days a week.  He has never given me a reason to question his behavior until a couple of days ago when I found him in her room.  He never goes in her room.  He is the first one to call me when she wanders in his room.  When he comes over, he usually locks himself in his room and plays games or listens to his ipod until homework time or other scheduled activities. When I saw him In her room playing on the bed, at first it stuck me as odd because it was unusual behavior for him.  When my husband told me what the 4 y/o said, I became angry at myself for not having seen the signs..  I look back on that day and replay the time from when he came home from school until the incident...I know he was only in there for several minutes and the door to the room was wide open. My husband and I ca not believe that our son could commit such a vile act on his sister...I am brought to tears every time I think about it and that's about every minute of the day...We are confuse and do not know what to do??? he is at his fathers house for at least the next two weeks until we can come up with a plan... We know this needs to be addressed. I called our pediatrician for treatment options for all of us. He will call later with more information ...HELP!!!
The incident needs to be addressed directly with your son, hopefully by you and his father together. In an immediate sense, he should apologize to his sister for what he did and assure her it will not happen again. After you talk with him you can decide if you should arrange an evalution for him with a mental health professional. If you would like, you can send in an uopdate after your talk and perhaps it will allow for some guidance about this.