Toddler Boys touching each other inappropriately
My 10 year old son recently found my recently turned 5 year old nephew and my almost 3 year old son in a private area.  When he asked what they were doing, my nephew was obviously fibbing, but when my son promised not to tell his mom, he admitted to my son that he and my 3 year old son were touching each other & licking each others butts and "weiners".  Of course I told the babysitter to make sure they weren't going off alone in the bedroom to play and to keep a closer eye on them, but is this normal curiosity or should I be concerned.  We told our son that he's not allowed to do this anymore and that if his cousin wanted him to that he needed to tell him no and get an adult, but he's only 3 and I'm not sure that he will be able to do this.  I have absolutely no concern that either of the boys are experiencing any abuse, but I'm still concerned and want to make sure this behavior stops.  I do remember my now 10 year old son going through this sort of stage, but it was with the opposite sex.  Is this a sign of being homosexual or typical curiosity for both a 3 and 5 year old?
Hello sas,

I know that it is normal for children to explore some of their bodies even boys with other boys. Please do not be to quick to throw out the homosexual card. That is something that confuses the hell out of even those who are homosexual. I personally went through this same phase and am not homosexual. I would not broach the subject about homosexuality with any child EVER. Since it isn't something to worry about, and it also makes things harder later on when or if he is on the fence with it.

BUT PLEASE do not ignore the possibility that your nephew was abused by someone. The behavior you mention sounds a bit more than just exploration. It sounds like he is reenacting something he has seen heard or  has been done to him. I don't want to say he was abused but it is a possibility you do not want to pass off without concern. It could also be that he simply got a peak of some video he shouldn't have. But, again please do not pass it off without some effort into making sure.