Child Behavior Expert Forum
Toddler Limping, Foot Pain, and Tightness

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My son just turned two.  On saturday (4 days ago) we were riding in the car and he started crying and saying that his foot hurt.  When we got him out of the car he did not want to put any weight on his foot and was still crying.  We brought him in the house and sat him on the couch with some water and eventually got up and started walking but he was limping and his foot was tight like it had seized up.  We took him to Urgent Care and they did an Xray on his foot and all was normal.  By the time the doctor saw him he was walking around the room and moving just fine.

The past three days, any time he is in his car seat or high chair he will cry that his foot hurts and it will be turned outward and tightened up like he has a foot cramp...and then after he starts walking on it again it will gradually get back to normal.  You can still tell that he is putting less weight on it and not walking 100% even though it is mostly better once he walks for a minute or so.

Any idea what this could be?  I am making an appointment with his regular pediatrician tomorrow to have her take a look.
Thanks!
Tags: foot cramp limp
1 Comment
I will not offer an opinion about this because it is not within the scope of this Forum's focus. However, it goes without saying that you are doing the prudent thing by arranging the evaluation with his PCP.