Child Behavior Expert Forum
Toddler says something disturbing

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Toddler says something disturbing

My toddler has been obsessed with body parts and masturbation, which I know can be quite normal.   However, because of this, I decided to start teaching him the words "my body" and talking about who is okay to touch him and what he should say if he doesn't want someone to touch him.    When I told him that his penis was part of his body, and we started talking about people who can touch his penis, he told me, "Sex."   My heart went into my throat as he is just barely talking and I couldn't believe he was telling me this word.   I asked him what he said again, to be sure, and he told me, "Sex."   And even third time, he told me, "Sex."  After the third time, I was positive he knew the word, so I said, "Are you saying sex?"  He nodded yes.  "Where did you learn that?"  He didn't answer.   I said, "Do you know what sex is?"  And then he made a kissing noise against the back of his hand twice very noisily ("muah, muah") and then said, "Ow."

Can you please tell me if this is as concerning as it feels?   I am panicked.
No, I do not think this invites alarm. Be very careful what he is exposed to, because indications are that he has viewed things he should not have seen. By the way, your question about sex is not sensible - he has no idea what you are talking about. Try to be careful not to treat him as if he is a small adult.
He probably seen it on TV a lot of times on television they say something about sex then turn off the lights and all u hear is kissing on things like family guy so more than likely that's all he thinks it is just try to monitor what he watches and listen to what other children that he plays with talk about because children learnmore than 70% of things they know from other children... But don't think the worst he's going to say a ton of words that he has no idea what they mean