Too Competitive?
My 6 year old boy seems to be almost too competitive.  He no longer has fun doing activities that involve sports.  For example, if he's playing catch with me or his father and he misses a few he gets so frustrated that it becomes no longer fun.  We went to a bowling b-day party over the weekend and he did okay but he wasn't in first place.  He kept making a face and saying, "I stink".  We really try to praise his efforts not the outcome of his sports.  I know it's not an earth shattering problem but this child is getting no joy or fun out of playing sports.  He would still rather be outside doing some type of sport than indoors but it's been ending up in complete frustration for all of us.

Is there something I can do to get him back into just enjoying it?  Thanks ya'll.

Cindy
cant really make any suggestions about what to make him do to end it as im going through this with my own 6 yr old son.  i just tell him not to be a sore loser and that everybody has to win some and lose some.  what matters is accepting that and making fun out of everything you do.  we also have game night on friday and when he loses a game (which always happens) we have taught him to say "good game" or "good job" as we say to him when he wins.  there are no negative comments.  he has greatly improved.  
This is a stage for 6 year olds-- they want to be best and first, and will sometimes avoid doing things that make them not in this place. Just keep encouraging him and he will learn that he does not have to be first. This is a very normal stage and it too will pass.