Uncontrolled body movements and sounds
I have a child, male, who will turn 7 later this year.  For about 2 years, I have noticed that he has uncontrollable body movements such as eye blinking, rubbing his chin on his chest, clicking his tongue, loud outbursts of noise out of the blue, to identify a few.  I have noticed that these movements/sounds have come and gone during the years and have been more frequent at times than others.  They seem to be stronger during times of anxiety, the start of something new, or a change in schedule (like starting school) and then seem to slow down.  My concern is that they may never really go away.  I have talked briefly to his pediatrician who at the time said that boys who do develop "ticks" that the movements will eventually go away around the age of 7 or so.  

The movement I am noticing the most today is that he rubs his chin on his chest from side to side.  This done when he's talking, playing soccer, reading books, etc. so it seems his level of physical activity does not change the frequency.

Any feedback about my concern would be appreciated.  
Have you considered Tourette Syndrome?