Child Behavior Expert Forum
Undecended testicle

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Undecended testicle

I am currently 17 yrs old, I was born with an undecended testicle.  Just recently, on my 17 birthday, the right testicle decended into the scrotum.  The testicle is extremly small, and I was wondering if it where going to grow over time? or what should I do?  am I at risk of cancer?
I really need to know, but I'm to embarrassed to go see someone about this topic...
please answer soon reply your message to:
***@****
thanks
Dear John,

I cannot respond to a private e-mail address, so I am replying within the Forum. Since this Forum really focuses on matters about childhood behavior, your question is outside my area of expertise. However, please consider the following guidance. First, seek the opinion and guidance of a doctor with whom you are comfortable. Have you had a pediatrician over the years? If so, that would be the person to see. If you have to arrange the appointment through your parents, simply ask them to make the appointment, and tell them that you wish to discuss something personal with the doctor. Second, my knowledge of risk factors for testicular cancer indicates that your history of undescended testicle is not a risk factor. But this is a question that can better be addressed by the medical doctor. Remember, though it might be embarrassing to you to seek guidance about this, the doctor will be very comfortable dealing with the question, and at your age you want to be sure that everything is OK in relation to your genitals. In that sense, you needn't be embarrassed, though I understand why it's hard to talk about these matters. In our culture, we are often more comfortable talking about other issues pertaining to health, but we tend to become more shy about addressing matters that have to do with sexual functioning, genitals, etc.