Vomiting only during the night
This discussion is related to Vomiting only during the night.

my son is 5 years old. from past 6 days,  he vomits only in night between 12 to 3 am.
during the day he is fine.we have taken our child to pediatrician , family doctor, till now they didn't find any thing wrong.Can any one know what might be happening, we are really worried about our child.
I have a 5 year old girl as well who did the same thing pretty much. She vomitted twice in one night with no fever or complaining of feeling sick but she didn't even wake up the first time.... she vomitted in her sleep and didn't realize it until the morning. She did it agian 3 weeks later out of the blue.... so I took her in and they couldn't find anything....they  guessed it had to do with milk products...so I took her off milk products for a month or so and brought them back on slowly she hasn't vomitted since but she still on milk products, so I'm curious to this as well because I don't think it was the milk product idea that the doc gave me....
Does your child have any drainage? (Allergies). I have had two out of three children do this to me. No answer but have come to atribute it to drainage, running down there throats while sleeping and not swallowing as much.
My 18 month old has thrown up for the last 6 nights as well.  He is fine all day, then, without warning, every night throws up.  He has no other symptons of illness and has always been an awesome sleeper.  Never a vomiter.  Now, he has had a CAT Scan done inconclusive and is having an MRI done next week.  From what I understand, they are checking to see if it is some sort of brain tumor that is causing increased pressure on the brain.  We are praying they are wrong.  We aren't sure though.  Maybe they should be doing those tests on your child, just to be sure??  I'm researching all of these topics myself to see if there could be anything else going on.  I'm wondering for my son about possibly seizures...?  I guess time will tell.  I'm praying these Doctors have the knowledge they need to help him.  Good luck with your child as well.
My eight year old son has had the same issue. He will vomit between 10 and 11:30 pm (usually only once). Then he'll go weeks, many times months before another episode. Sometimes he'll vomit three nights in a row and then not again for 5 months. At first we thought it was an allergy to a dye or something in a juice. There is no forewarning. No fever and otherwise he is perfectly healthy. We went to a pediatric GI, were sent in for  CT scan of his brain and are meeting with a pediatric neurologist. Anyone else find anything else out?
We have been having trouble with our 7 year old daughter throwing up only at night at around 3 am once a week for 6 weeks. Doing testing and getting ready to do GI imaging. But would like to know the outcome if others had similar symptoms presented and what the resolution was. (if ever there was a diagnosis and treatment) Thanks.
I know these are years old, but did anyone find anything out?!? I am having the same issue my 15 month old and am out of my mind!!! Help?!?
I have been having the same issue with my son, he is 6 years old and autistic so it is hard to get much info from him about how he is feeling.. But he would wake up at 3 am and vomit a few times then go back to sleep.. And be fine in the morning... Finally I noticed this always happened when he did not eat much in the evening and I began making sure he had a bedtime snack... And it has stopped! I googled it and found this link which makes sense... Any thoughts???

http://drbenkim.com/often-overlooked-cause-vomiting.htm
Same here it just happened and idk what to do he's 4 and has autism and he gets sick every month like clockwork and he gets a stomach virus often on n off and he vomits in the middle of the night too idk what to do anymore the Dr's don't know what it is they say it'll pass if anyone knows please post why or anything
I just found something about blood sugar issues - causes vomiting at night without any other symptoms...listed as an over-looked cause. Ketotic hypoglycemia - maybe that will help...?
Has anyone been tested for celiacs disease? It fits everything
Has anyone got answers yet?!? My daughter is 4 and the same exactl thing Happen to her 7 days straight she would wake up between 11-4 and puke she never complained of stomach ache or never had a fever she went to the hospital and got test done nothing came. Back her Peditrion wanted the hospital to do a catsscan but they refused. That was 3 weeks ago than last night it happen again and tonight. Making a appt tomorrow morning to have her be seen. I want answers
So does anyone know what it is..was it brain cancer? I'm freaking out even more now from reading these comments! :(
My 5 year old son has the same issue happening either once a week to at least twice every month. His pediatrician is testing him for Cyclic Vomitting Syndrome which affects 3 out of every 100,000 children. The ages of occurrence are up to age seven. Have your child's primary look into the same thing.