Child Behavior Community
Walking on Toes and im 15

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Walking on Toes and im 15

Hello i have been walking on my tip toes ever since i can remember and now i am 15 and still do it.  I got Achilles Tendinitis last year just from running and for about 10 weeks I was stretching my Achilles tendon but i was still walking on my toes.  When I go on flat foot my feet starts to hurt and i go back up.  I looked at my tendons and they looked really tight.  My question is should I get surgery for my tendons and if it is a safe procedure?
Thank you
Have you had regular pediatric check-ups?  This really sounds like an issue for your parents to take up with your doctor.

If you google "toe walking" you can get a lot of your answers,  but it seems like your parents need to be involved in seeking help for you.

Best wishes.
  It also may be that something as simple as orthopedic arches which you wear in your shoes could solve your problem.  Since I think that this is more than just a "foot" problem, I would go see an orthopedic doctor.  A foot doctor could tell you if arch supports are needed.  A less costly experiment would be to go to a running store that can analyze your footfall pattern (I know that roadrunner does this - there may be others), and then buy the shoe they recommend based on your footfall pattern (they have machines that do this).  See if this makes a difference.  
  But it does sound like you have very tight Achilles tendons.  Given that, I would go see a orthopedic specialist.  They should be able to tell you what to do.