Child Behavior Community
What am I going to do at a theme park?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

What am I going to do at a theme park?

Hi im new and here's my story doc. One day I was staying at the days inn near universal and While I was watching the news and I found out that a 2 year old boy died while riding mission space and that where I began to be afraid of Theme Parks. So I made of a theroy of riding the slow rides first then the big ones.(Except Roller Coasters Im intimenated by that) But one day I wanted to go through the whole theroy again on a feild trip to universal but my friend wanted to go on the big ones and that when I panic and made fun of for not riding on those rides and every time I go to a theme park I feel something weird through my body every time I go to theme park.So Doc please help me.

This discussion is related to Fear of Amusement Rides.
Tags: help, trip, body, feel, Panic
futureboy,  this isn't a doctor forum,  it's just full of adults.  But you'll probably get some good advise here.

You don't have to go to theme parks.  I have three teenagers,  and they all like to go to them,  but they go like,  twice a year.  This isn't like a big huge part of anyone's life.  

You can choose not to go,  and not to make theme parks a part of your life.    How many times a year does this come up?
well It began in 2005 and some of those theme park visits I was nervous and don't want to ride on rides and everytime tell my parents about it they said its only your mind. I keep telling myself that and still get nervouse.Now some vacations I turned out great in some theme park visits.Its just that I need to get rid of the fear everytime i go to theme parks. Should I listin to music to get rid of the fear?
Hey I am just a little bit older than you and I get nervous, but being a bit of a clever person, I will not ever chicken out, its up to you but I have to go each time my Family arrive from England, and They make sure I go on Space Mountain and all of the stuff, what they dont know is it scares the living daylights out of me!!I close my eyes and bear it ,,,ego I guess
Don't go to theme parks - think of it this way - the majority of people in the world have never been to one and they still have great lives.  Bet Ghandi didn't go to Space Mountain.

Personally, I find the prospect of being shaked around in a roller-coaster rather unattractive and very uninteresting.  (why all parents thing that all kids enjoy shaky rides and annoying characters walking around?).The first and the last time I've tried teh rollercoaster - it hurt my neck. I worked in amusement park once, and I havae to say that "regulars" we not my type indeed:)  I also did not hear of anyone enriching their lives thru riding rollercoaster. Go to New York or Chicago, eat some Italian food and go see a Broadway show. Or just simply walk around the strets and observe sights. Way better:) And instead of being orrensive to your senses, it is actually pleasant:)