What is normal sexual behavior in 5 year old?
I have a 5 year old son who for the most part is a well-behaved child. Recently though, he has been caught doing inappropriate things with his friends. He has been caught showing his private parts to his friends, boys and girls, trying to see their parts or just running around naked with his friends. We have tried to talk to him about how serious of a problem it is and told him that no one should see his privates except his daddy or me. It doesn't seem to work so we have resulted in punishments. I want to know is this behavior normal? Should I be worried?...
It sounds like normal 5 yr. old curiosity.  You know the "i'll show you mine if you show me yours,etc" type thing.  I think it's appropriate to have a chat with him about the importance of privacy, etc.  And if there is no touching, penetration,etc..then i really don't think it's a big deal.

I can't tell you how to raise your son, but i don't know that punishment is necessary.  Just from your post, it doesn't sound like he's doing anything wrong.  5 yr. olds are naturally curious about their bodies.
I think it's normal curiosity too. I remember being the same way when I was a kid. My son was also the same way before he started school. Just streaking through the house and generally curious about why boys and girls had different parts.
The biggest thing would be to let him no what things are not appropriate to be doing with other people, or out in public. If you've stressed this already, and he's still haveing problems, then you should have to resort to stronger forms of getting the point across.