Child Behavior Community
What should I do: Is this behavior to abnormal ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I am writing this because some one who is extremely close to has what I think is a big problem. She is 12 years old and soon to be 13. I guess I'll call this person Jane. She is severly ADD and ADHD. Jane is on the highest dose of medicine you can take and yet she still acts crazy. I belive the exreme amounts of medicine are doing more harm than help. You see Jane is almost a teenager and yet acts like she is the mere age of 7. Its not just that she is imature she has no understanding of the world, and simple words confuse her. It doesn't help she looks like she would be 8 because, sometimes people treat her as if she was that age. She is very nervous and cannot sit still for long. She often pulls out her own hair put on her head, eyebrows, arms and legs ( we have diagnosed this as trich and yet the parents don't do anything to help). At the age of 12 she still cannot be allowed to stay at home by herself in fear she might harm herself or her brother. I have witnessed several fights between her brother and her that if I did not intervine would have resulted in some one getting seriously hurt. They have exchanged some what scary , not to mention serious death threats to each other. I often have to watch Jane because she will pick up a knife if she sees one and play with it not to mention she puts everything in her mouth. She has swallowed numerous things. Each time she has her mom shrugs it off and simply tells her " well, I guess your gonna die". Jane not knowing any better goes off into a frenzy. She has been brought to the emergency several time because of injuries she has sustained from very stupid things a 12 year old should not do. Things that a person of her age should know she shouldn't do. Its been geting worse as she gets older. Just today I recieved a call from a relative saying that Jane had to be brought to the emergency room. Why you may ask? Jane had stuck a pen ( used for writing) up her vagina. The cap of the pen came off as she pulled it out. The people at the emergency room said they would have to go to a " femal doctor" to get it out. So Jane her and her mother went to the nearest " feamle doctor". It took three tries for them to remove the cap until finally they did. A little deeper and they would have had to opperate to remove it. When asked why she did it she simpley said : " I wanted to see how deep my vagina is". Clearly ther is something wrong with this child. Janes parents are clearly not doing anything to help her. They are barbarics, juevenile, and crazy. I know its sad, but I almost believe that she would be in a much better shape if she was removed from her parents. Please help Me !!!
I don't believe an emergency room would send a 12 year old child,  who had a pen cap inside her vagina,  away.

I don't believe it.  
I don't want to sound rude at all , but I am here for help not for people to tell me my storry is false. I am here because I am a concerned family member trying to do what is best. This story is very much true and I am at my witts end trying to figure out what to do. PLEASE HELP
Johnny,  I'm not trying to be rude either,  but your your story is not correct.

If a child is brought to the emergency room with a pen cap inside her vagina,  they won't turn her away and send her go a "female" (that's how you spell it) doctor.

You aren't being given correct information.   Best to insist that your family tell you exactly what happened.
Hey There,

I understand having a special needs child can be challenging.  I have a special needs child with behavior problems, not this severe though. Has Jane ever been seen or admitted to a behavioral medical center?  It sounds like more than just ADHD to me.  It also sounds like the parents are so at their wits end with what to do, that they have just given up.  She needs to be properly diagnosed.  Any person that is harming themselves or others needs proper attention.