Child Behavior Expert Forum
Why is my 11 year boy urinating on things?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

We have recently discovered that our 11 year old boy is urinating anywhere except for the toilet.  He still uses the toilet but we have found him urinating on the bath rugs, socks, blankets, under beds, in the middle of the floor etc.  We ask him why he is doing it and he answers that he wants to.  This is unexceptable in our household.  We have told him this and told him that it is unsanitary.  We have given him consequences as in extra chores like doing the laundry by himself for a week or doing the dishes by himself.  My husband laughs and says it is normal and a boy thing.  I am not convinced this is normal or a boy thing.  My husband says that he did as a child too.  What is going on?  Is this normal?   Should I be concerned?  How can I correct this behavoir?  
No, it is not normal and it is not "a boy thing" as your husband seems to think. You should arrange an evaluation with a mental health clinician.