Why my 2 & ½ years old baby is not talking yet?
My baby is 2 and half years old, and he doesn’t yet speak. He only says Amma.
A few months before he was telling juji for water, amm for food but now he even stopped telling that. If he doesn’t want anything he says nana, that too not always only some times and if I respond to it you don’t want? He feels shy puts his head down and starts to play with toys. Then after if I call him several times also he will not respond. He has no problem in hearing, but he doesn’t respond to calling. He doesn’t communicate except crying and girdling for the things.  Until now he doesn’t wave bye bye in spite of me waving him everyday since he was 1 yr old when I drop him with the baby seater.
Until now he is picks the dirt from the floor and puts in his mouth.  

I feel I am doing the mistake in taking care of my baby. I am really worried that haw can he do in his pre school if like this. Please suggest me how do I get him speak. Other than his communication he is doing fine like he on the TV, he play music in my mobile, he hold mobile in his ear and talks something in his won language for minutes, he turns the pictures to proper position, he opens the magazine pages one by one and sees the pictures. If he is happy he will come and kiss me etc.  Please help me. All your ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Have you discussed this with his pediatrician?  Have you had his hearing tested?  This would be my first steps to helping him.
I agree, get his hearing checked out. My husbands nephew started talkign then stopped and he ended up having polyps. On the other hand, his other nephew who is now 3.5 years old just started speaking at around 3 and we still don't understand him most of the time, although it has significantly improved, particularly since he was in daycare. Speak to your paediatrician first and see what he/she says.
I got his hearing tested and it is normal. and the doctor told me he is normal try to talk to him more and more. he is may be just ignoring and not trying to talk, so make him talk. can you sugest me how can i do it. please.
Two of my grandchildren did not speak until they were three years old. On the part of one of them it was a sort of stubborness. They are both intelligent and speak well. Be patient and don't worry. Each child is unique and their development differs.