Worried about my son....
I am really worried about my son.  They are trying to re-integrate him back into a classroom, they had him 1:1 for a while after some behavioral issues.  The issues started in late Nov.  He had been doing okay up until then.  Now he is refusing for hours to go into the new classroom.  It is really sad. I went and was with him today and even I could not get him to go into the room.  I kinda sneaked out during recess, I made a mistake and thought he would be okay since I had told him I was leaving, but he freaked out and then had a bad afternoon and then the school calls me to come and get him.  Already that calling me has caused issues b/c now he tries to act out sometimes to get a call to mom to get picked up.  They said this afternoon he threw a fit and starting kicking, etc.  They had him call me and he kept saying , "I love you", he must have said it ten times.  He keeps asking when I'm picking him up.  He is almost 6 and never had this type of anxiety about school before.  PReschool and daycare was NEVER like this.  HIs father moved out in Nov. 08 and we divorced in Aug 09 (finalized).  Anyhow, Dad has been in/out of the picture, Dad has been in jail in and out and went back to jail late December after getting reaquainted with my son for a few weeks.  

My therapist overheard the conversation and said he is most likely going thru separation anxiety and that makes good sense to me.  He constantly asks over and over about me going to work, when am I coming home, etc.  Will I pick him up from school, etc.  He says over and over everyday that he loves me.  It is sometimes over and over again.  He also tells his babysitter how much he loves her too.  He is very attached to her.  

I tell this to the school, but it feels like it falls on "deaf ears".  I don't think they really understand, of course, it may not be the only answer, then tonight he asked about heaven and asked if it was quiet and I said and he said he would like to go there since it was quiet.   Loud noises seem to be really getting to him.  Then tonight he honked his bike horn up to Heaven he said to our cat who died in Early Dec.

He is being seen by an OT next week for sensory processing disorder.

i am at my wit's end. I fear he will end up in a special classroom for kids w/behavioral issues.  Then I think maybe it would help, maybe they would be more equipped to deal with stuff, but then again I'm not happy about it, if it does happen.  

No one wants their child to have issues and to suffer.  It's hard, really really hard.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  It causes constant worry and tension for a mom.  One thing that helped me once during a low period as a friend said-----------  ya know, they don't own you.  This is YOUR child.  Why that gave me comfort, I don't know.  But it did.  Summer is almost here and he gets to relax.  So do you.  I think I would think about how to manage getting through this year and set up for a good year next  year.  Take some pressure off of trying to fix every problem right now.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on with your boy and suspect it is a combination of factors.  I would still remain very posative about school and not let him see how upset you are.  When he is picked up-------  I'd make him go home and have some quiet time in his room.  I wouldn't make it an attractive option.  I'd make sure he knows you are disappointed.  We can be supportive without losing that ability to let our kids know we expect more from them.  (you may do all of this, I'm just thinking aloud here).  

I think he will need to see an occupational therapist and a psychologist both.  I'd consider if that is a possibility.  The special education room--------  you don't know why kids are there.  I, frankly, wouldn't worry about it.  If that is where he goes for a time, then he might have a better experience and that is what you want.  Teachers that are better equipped to deal with a violent outburst may be more nurturing to your son.  He may find a child there that he can be friends with and it only takes one to get the ball rolling.  My son did a camp for kids with challenges.  There were some pretty severe aspergers kids and adhd kids in there-----   my son is mild comparitively.  He loved it and loved those kids.  He didn't copy anything they did but felt okay how he was.  

Try not to worry---------- which I know you will.  You are in the phase of figuring out what direction to take and what is really wrong.  That is a hard time.  You are doing all of the right things and it will come together for you.  Just keep your faith!  good luck