Child Behavior Expert Forum
Worried about my third grader boy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Worried about my third grader boy

Hi,

My son 8 years old says he is having fun in school and he has lot of friends. But recently, one of his close friends didn't invite him on his birthday party.  I asked him why, he said this boy doesn't like him anymore. Moreover, whenever I say why don't you call your friend for a playdate over the weekend, he starts crying and say I don't want to invite anyone. I would expect that one should be happy to play with his friends but he really gets overwhelmed when i bring a subject of playdates.

He is athletic, plays lot of sports and get good grades He does get frustrated easily and wants his way all the time. I am concerned that may be he is showing this frustration to his friends and they don't want to be friends with him? How should I find out what's going on? He do go to school everyday happily.

Please suggest what to do?

Thanks,

Julie