Child Behavior Community
a child that rocks back and forth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

a child that rocks back and forth

I have a 3 yr. son that developed asthma when he was 14 mos. old. He was hospitalized for a week. Since then we have had him working with an occupational therapist.Other than asthma he sits on the couch i would say anywhere from 8 to 10 hrs a day and rocks back and forth. When he rocks he often hums or makes hand motions.Autism has been ruled out. Other symptoms include screaming fits when he is in public wanting to go home and he has to be held the whole time. We have ..for the most part conquered this but it is still apparent on occasion. He is on pulmicort at bedtime...albuterol as needed and a nasal spray once a day for allergies. He seems to be developing okay..almost appears to be very bright. Noone has been able to tell me why he behaves this way.  He was a healthy normal child untill he developed asthma..which was first diagnosed as pneumonia and three days later was told he had asthma. Even with the medicine he is still constantly sick.