Child Behavior Expert Forum
adderol misuse

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

adderol misuse

I believe some of my children's friends are using adderol, sometimes mixed with alchohol, to stay awake. What are the dangers, effects?
It goes without saying that misuse of any prescription drug is a problem. These days, many teens abuse stimulant medications, such Adderall (adderrall), that are prescribed for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Sometimes the teens crush these pills and inhale the resulting powder, to provide a temporary 'high'. Heart rate and blood pressure can increase, taxing the cardipulmonary system. Adderall (adderrall) is a central nervous system stimulant when used in this fashion. Alcohol, on the other hand, suppresses the central nervous system. Prescriptions should always be handles by parents, never put in the hands of the teen. Doses should be given one at a time by the parent, observing that the teen actually takes the medicine (instead of pocketing it and storing it for later sale or abuse).