adhd
is it safe for my 7 year old to play with 14 year old adhd child they seem to get along as older child is very imature and young child mature?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
535822_tn?1443980380
Well I dont think the ADHD would be a problem unless the child is prone to rages, personally I would supervise the play, the age gap is large and it may be good to encourage your child to play with children nearer his/her age group .good luck
Comment
Cancel
535822_tn?1443980380
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
973741_tn?1342346373
I agree.  I don't think the adhd is not the issue and it is true that many kids with adhd have some social skills problems and find younger kids easier to deal with.  However, that is a huge age difference.  What exactly does a 14 year old still "play" that would interest a 7 year old.  We had an 11 year old that lived close to us that jumped on the trampoline with my young boys (then age 4/5 and 5/6).  But I wouldn't let them go off and play by themselves.  So, I don't think it is ideal as it is a big age difference.  Running around in the yard, playing a neighborhood game, etc. okay. But true play mates, it would be better for your son to look for age mates.  Just my opinion.  
Comment
Cancel
973741_tn?1342346373
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
adhd
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources