Child Behavior Expert Forum
adhd
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

adhd

My child is turning 2 in a week. About four months ago a doctor diagnosed him with adhd. He is very hyperactive, and this behavior is causing him to endanger himself. I'm very concerned about the medications used to treat this disorder for a child his age.They have already suggested Ritalin and Adderall (adderrall). I'm also concerned with his well-being if I don't act. What do you suggest?
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
Dear Karry,

It is unusual both to diagnose ADHD in such a young child and to treat with medication. However, there are relatively rare instances when this does occur. One such instance is when the child's level of hyperactivity is so severe that injuries can happen.

Since the situation is unusual, it might be wise to seek a second opinion.

If medication is recommended, Dexedrine is often preferred over Ritalin in very young (i.e., pre-school) children.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank