advice needed for my 7 year old daughter
My 7 year old daughter has been acting weird her behaviour changed when she started school 3 years ago and now she's really difficult to handle been reading through posts on here and someone posted about bipolar in children iv looked it up and my daughter has nearly every sign my doctor is going to phone me tomorrow so I can chat to her about my daughters behavior do I mention that iv looked at bipolar in children or do I leave that part out mental health problems run through my family there's only a few that are some what "normal" my partner thinks its adhd atleast my nan thinks she is just like me at that age and I have bpd my mum is in denial of everything so I havnt even spoken to her and my partners family say she's completely normal nothing wrong with her
I think you are on the right track with getting her evaluated by a doctor. At the very least it will put your mind at ease! Some times gets just go through phases when "change" occurs in their lives.... Keep calm and try not to worry to much until you have spoken to the doctor & get her evaluated. Thank you for posting and please keep us updated ok?!
If it is good that you contacted your daughter's pediatrician regarding these issues.  There is nothing wrong with discussing with him or her your concerns regarding psychological issues such as bipolar or adhd.  The pediatrician could always refer your daughter to a mental health professional for further evaluation.
Ill post again tomorrow when iv spoken to the doctor I just want to make sure that what ever it is we can support her properly
   ADHD can look a lot like bipolar.  Here is a link to the differences between them.  http://www.medhelp.org/private_messages/show/1075639
  I am also on the ADHD forum if you have any questions about ADHD.
Iv spoken to my doctor breifly explained a few things got an appointment next week and they are going to refer her to child and adult mental health services to see someone
Adult is meant to be adolescent
I spoke to my daughters teacher today and explained that my daughter needs boundaries straight away rather than aww just started school after summer holidays its fine to be shy and distracted because she will carry and expect the same reaction and then ignore her teacher when she changes the rules I then got the response of I have been teaching for 16 years I know what to do and she said that I may want good grades from my child but her job is to make sure she's happy in school when actually I send my child to school to be educated its my job to make sure she's happy iv noticed my child is having problems I'm doing something about it all I asked from them was that they don't make the same mistakes her other teachers have because she gives the puppy dog eyes I couldnt care if she's been teaching 100 years I know my child sorry about the rant it just drives me nuts when teachers look down their nose at me they don't like the fact I home educated for a while and that I check in a couple of times a week to see how my child is getting on so I know if she's doing her work
Ya, this is a common feeling among teachers in first and second grade.  It should  hopefully change in third grade.  But checking in two or three times a week should not be necessary.  Having a good working relationship with your teacher is important for your child.
I only check on her a few times a week because if I didn't I wouldn't be told anything and also my daughter was inappropriatly touched by another pupil in her class on a number if occasions a dinner lady saw and said nothing and when I spoke to the school they said they cant do anything because they havnt seen anything I went back in to the school when I witness odd behavior from the same child he was being really agressive with another girl in the park with no supervision he grabbed a girl dragged a few meters and said if she dorsnt go with him he will make it hurt I moved my daughter out of that school because again his behavior was ignored i don't want my daughter to experience everything I have so I'm making sure I'm supporting her every way I can even if it means telling her teacher how to do her job
Went to the doctor today got to link in with the school nurse so my daughters behavior in school can be monitored she's still not doing any work and she actually thinks its funny that she's been told off at school for not listening