Child Behavior Community
autism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

autism

My daughter that is nine years old. She has autism and she is currently on Ritalin la 10mg.She has been on it for 6 months.Now she has been rocking a whole alot and talking to oneself . I took back to the neurologist and he prescribe clonidine with ritalin. I am afraid to give her both medications. Is it safe for a child to take both? If not what are the symptoms for taking both at the same time? Are their signs to look for?

This discussion is related to Dexadrine/Clonidine to treat ADHD/ODD.
Tags: Autism
My son was put on Clonadine with his ritalin for anxiety.  The Clonadine wiped him out!  He was a zombie and could barely function.  If she is nine, 10 mg of ritalin is pretty low.  Couldn't she take Concerta?  It is a time release ritalin.  

Good luck and God bless.