Child Behavior Expert Forum
behavior on a 7 yr old
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

behavior on a 7 yr old

my son has always been a very good boy he listens and obey without questioning after he turn 7 i have notice some behavior changes he has become moody and temperamental when something doesnt go the way he wants it.He was told to go somewhere and he didnt want to go and started kicking,throwing things,pushing people around him ,hitting himself in a very scary way as if he was out of him,i  couldnt recognize him and im very worry how could i resolve this i dont know to discipline this kind of behavior or how far can i go?
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
If the behavior was a one-time event, you needn't do anything apart from what you usually do. If your son's difficult behavior has become a more regular occurrence, you'll have to learn some new behavior of your own to manage it. Up to this time, you have apparently been fortunate to have an easily-managed child. It's typical of children to display some difficult behavior that requires limit setting, including discipline. Now, be sure that there is no medical problem; his dramatic behavior could be the result of feeling ill, depleted. If all is well medically, take a look at Lynn Clark's book titled SOS Help for parenrs, and follow its procedures 'to a T', so to speak. You'll be pleased with the results. As an aside, what do you mean when you mention 'how far can I go?' Are you contemplating physical discipline? If so, you needn't engage in it; there's no need.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank