Child Behavior Expert Forum
behavior problems with disabled 4yr old daughter

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

i have a lil 4yr old girl that does'nt lisen to me at all she gets very violent tords other kids when takeing her outside to play she runs away from you and goes to the road where there is alot of danger and she does'nt understand that she can get hurt and the fear in it and when wanting anything and don't get it she throws things she pusses adults *** well as kids hits them seen her chokeing kids out as well as me her mother a couple of times she doesnt speak at this time she still babbles and her teacher at school is very concerned with her behavior at school and at home and its causeing alot of promblems where she caint get her learning at school as she does all these things i disaplean her for these things and the next 10sec she is doing it again i am a single parent and i just don't know wat to do she gets speach at school with ot,pt and is in special ed class for her disability please help me i dnt know wat else to do i have done everything i can to get her to lisen to me and others so wat can i do or take her too so i can get her the help she needs
Your description indicates likely developmental disorder, learning disability and emotional disturbance. Apparently your daughter has undergone some form(s) of evaluation already. What were the conclusions of the evaluation and what sort of evaluation was it? If she has not been evaluated by a Developmental Pediatrician, I would certainly recommend such an evaluation.
You need to explain to the doctor the disability before he can help you. Tell him if you know the name of the disability and what are the symptoms. For example, is it autism or another syndrom (syndrome).
yes she goes to a developmental doctor in columbia she see's him like ever 6months and it seems to me as a mother that the symptoms are getting worse not any better and she was tested for autism as well they say she does'nt have autism at this time but i feel highly strong that she does and im just at the end of the road just dnt know wat to do
ya the doctors know all about every disability she has and i have done test on her since she was born and they claim she does'nt have autism but i feel she does and she goes to a varity of specialist for her disability and still no help and she has gotten worse than better just dnt know wat else to do
All you can do is avail yourselfof any special services you have access to. Obviously there is a great discrepancy in different areas in services. She may well not meet the criteria for autism, but nonetheless she may be experiencing a serious developmental disorder. What are the doctors saying she does need to address the disabilities they have identified?
the devopment doctor is saying she has a speech imparment a development delay which cases her problems to learn she has a torce foot and goes to susan at midlands orthapedic for that and sees dr johnson for the development delay but he has not yet spoke to me as her violent behavior in school and at home and she sees a speech theripist and ot'pt at school and she was just tested for a mri of the brain and that came back normal at palmetto health childrens hospital i just dnt know wat to do for the behavior problems
She should be evaluated by a child psychiatrist re: the emotional and behavioral functioning.
am i going to do that and the school wants me to do the same im just waiting on her doc to call me back so he can refer me to one gotta have that before i can see any psychiatrist but thank you so much for your input on all of this you have helped me alot
now her behavior is getting worse this last monday whitch was oct 17 her teacher called be clameing she bet up the teacher kicking,spapping and pinching them and if no action is taken they will have too home school her and i talked to her development specialist says she needs to go to mental heath to get tested for adhd and talk to them so they can better asist me and her
All I can do is reiterate the importance of having her evaluated by a child psychiatrist. The symptoms she is displaying are suggestive of a condition more serious than ADHD.
got an appointment on the 24th of this month so i hope i get all my questions answered and we fix this problem