Child Behavior Community
child behaviour

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

child behaviour

my three year old son has just started talking bu his speech is not very clear. he can repeat all the television advertisements ryhmes, songs and respond to questions like how are you?  when he wants something he loves to point ot it thatn talk, and expects others to help him often.
he often sreams for no reason and bits. he does not like to write and cries or expects praise before he will try. his teachers says his behaviour is not normal and his dentist says he is abnormal what should i do?
hm.  The only thing that threw me was his dentist saying he isn't normal . . . how does he know that/what does he base that on? . . .  Motor planning is a part of the nervous system that helps us organize how we do things and then communicates the the motor group involved to carry out the action.  If this is not functioning properly, many things related to motor control are difficult.  Kids respond to that by avoiding it (like his reluctance to write.)  Speech is usually one of the first signs as there is so much motor involvement in talking.  Whether it is organizing the thought to speak or organizing the motor muscles to make the sounds-----  kids can have speech issues if there motor planning is off.  Motor planning is part of the sensory system.  I would google sensory integration disorder and see what you think.  Things will become more and more obvious if this is the case.   I have lots of occupational therapy things we do for my son with sensory.  An occupational therapist is the one that diagnosises this and then therapy takes place in the form of play (kids LOVE it).  It has helped my son tremendously.  I have lots of ideas of things you can do at home if you think sensory is involved.  Good luck.