Child Behavior Expert Forum
child with ADHD

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

child with ADHD

I have a seven year old daughter that was diagnosed with ADHA, although I believe that there may be more then that. She exhibits other actions that concern me. when asked to do something,such as pick up toys, she becomes argumentitive,as in  regardless of how simple the issue she has to talk back, and will not get the requested action done.And when i get to the point where I just pick up the mess, she throws a fit, screaming i'll do it, i'll do it. however she will not. She also exhibits obssesive behaviors,like when something of hers is laying around the house and I pick it up and put it away she will throw tantrums about how that is not where that goes, and i will tell her that it is ok where I have put it, and that she can have it later, when she needs it, for example her school bag.
she will argue with me,cry,and becomes very fidgety,she becomes even more non focused and will do anything to avoid eye contact, she has gotten to the point of self harm where she begins to scratch her self,either on the legs,or sides of her face.in order to keep her from this I will have to hold her arms at her
side.she is very possesive of her things and refuses to share,she has no problem playing with her siblings things,but, does not want anyone touching her things. she is currently on meds but i do not know if she needs more treatments which has been disscussed with her dr. or if she needs more structure to change her behavior issuses.these behaviors are causing a great deal of grief for myself...my exwife and her other siblings..what can i do?
Such behavioral difficulties can be addressed by way of systematic behavior management. If your daughter's ADHD was diagnosed by a menatl health professional (vs. a pediatrician or neurologist), ask the clinician about how to proceed. If the ADHD was diagnosed by a non-mental health clinician, arrange for an evalaution by a menatl health professional. The diagnosis can be clarified, and you can receive guidance about how to manage the behavior.