Child Behavior Community
children who eat everything

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

children who eat everything

As part of my job, I' have come across a few children who eat things which aren't food like glitter, glue, paint and shaving foam etc. They are usually around the age of 2 1/2 to 4 years old and they aren't just experimenting with the taste of these things but actually grabbing handfuls and eating it. This make doing craft activities with them a little fraught. I have had a taste of the glue, paint and shaving foam and although they don't taste nice they do have a slightly sweet taste. I wonder if part of the behaviour is due to the reaction and attention they recieve but this doesn't really seem to explain the behaviour. Any ideas?? and how can I get them to stop.