Child Behavior Expert Forum
crazy nephew

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

crazy nephew

My nephew who is 7 has had some issues with behavior for a while now and a couple months ago his mom (my sister) found out he was being physically abused by his father after she let him take him for the summer..she got him back and they are now living under the same roof as me and my two children (2&4) now his behavior is 100 times worse and he beats on my son everyday he even went so far as to punch me in my back yesterday! he will punch my son(4 years old) for looking at him or talking when he doesnt want him to..he screams in his face all the time and tries to control everythingy son does! If I yell at him or say anything to him my sister tries to argue with me and she never punishes him or tells him not to.hit my son she lets it happen and its getting really bad! What should I do? Should I call cps? How do I get them to realize he is really hurting my son?
This situation is not working. It's best if your sister and her son  live elsewhere. This little boy is the victim of inadquate parenting from both of his parents. You are not helping him by yelling at him. I hope you don't think that is an example of good parenting. Unless his mother can view the situation differently and see his behavior as a problem he will likely not improve and thus continue to be a victim of his parents' bad judgment. A child so young, by the way, never should have been sent to live with his father for the entire summer, even if the abuse had not occurred.