Child Behavior Expert Forum
custody in the childs best interest
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

custody in the childs best interest

I have a well-adjusted, smart, athletic, popular 12 year old son; his father and I live in different states. I simply want to know an unbiased opinion which parent  (assuming both parents have healthy environments) is healthier to spend their primary living arrangement with (school year, day to day with summer and all other time given to the other parent), father or mother? Are there any statistics that show what is best for a boy at this stage of development? I want what's best for my son and want to make an informed decision, as unemotional as possible. I'd like to keep the focus on "his well being". Although I know there are many factors involved this part is unclear to me:)? I am researching as many resources as I possibly can:) Thank you for your time, a concerned Mom.