Child Behavior Expert Forum
dandy telephone
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

dandy telephone

I have a daughter who is now 3 years old with the so called "Dandy walker varient", physically she is progressing well with her theripst, however she is extremly anti-social and prefers to spend her time watching TV, she is very specific as to what she will watch.
She spends most of her waking hours in front of the TV, if we try to move her, she cries. She cannot talk.

Appart from going on a walk in a stoller she does not like to move away from the TV,

She likes it when I sit with her while she is watching and will not go to sleep at night unless I lie with her till she falls asleep.

Does she sound Autistic? and what information or advice can you give us

Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
There is nothing in your description that would lead me to be inclined toward a suggestion of Autistic Disorder. Rather, as you probably already know, children who display Dandy Walker Syndrome or its variants quite often display a range of developmental problems. These can involve areas of development other than fine and gross motor functioning, and I would suspect that your daughter's difficulties are manifestations of the primary condition. Exposure to a range of activities is sensible, and I would certainly discourage your deferring to her desire to view television as often as she does. She will have trouble accomodating (at least intially) to a new routine, but she will adapt. Try not to let the crying deter you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank