Child Behavior Community
daycare and a three year old
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

daycare and a three year old

My son is very stubborn and controlling.. I have been a stay at home mom for three yrs and just went to work two weeks ago.  We put him in daycare for four days out of the week..most time we pick hum up early.  I know that he has always gotten what he wants the majority of the time.  He is the first and only grandchild so he is alitlle spoiled.  He has always been difficult and we know he has quite a temper.  I remedied that with time-outs and he was exceptionally well behaved for the last three months or so.. Now that we put him in daycare we have had quite a problem.  He has behaved in a manner that we are not accustomed to and we have recieved a call everyday to come and get him from daycare.  The child care provider states that she has not dealt with his behaviors before (the are extreme, as she says)  He is apparently punching walls, banging his head, slapping himself and today he pooped in the tunnel toy outside and smeared it on the other toys... I am really concerned and don't know what to do.. Is the child care provider not equip to handle my son?  Does my son have behavioral issues that need to be addressed by a professional?  Help