Child Behavior Community
daycare and a three year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

daycare and a three year old

My son is very stubborn and controlling.. I have been a stay at home mom for three yrs and just went to work two weeks ago.  We put him in daycare for four days out of the week..most time we pick hum up early.  I know that he has always gotten what he wants the majority of the time.  He is the first and only grandchild so he is alitlle spoiled.  He has always been difficult and we know he has quite a temper.  I remedied that with time-outs and he was exceptionally well behaved for the last three months or so.. Now that we put him in daycare we have had quite a problem.  He has behaved in a manner that we are not accustomed to and we have recieved a call everyday to come and get him from daycare.  The child care provider states that she has not dealt with his behaviors before (the are extreme, as she says)  He is apparently punching walls, banging his head, slapping himself and today he pooped in the tunnel toy outside and smeared it on the other toys... I am really concerned and don't know what to do.. Is the child care provider not equip to handle my son?  Does my son have behavioral issues that need to be addressed by a professional?  Help
Why this behavior at school and not at home would be the question to ask the daycare provider.  How is the daycare provider treating him at school?  What are the punishments?  Is this a professional daycare provider in a professional building or in the daycare providers home?  I have seen a lot of bad daycare providers that appear to parents to be good daycares.  Stop in at daycare during the daytime unexpectedly to see what is going on.