Child Behavior Expert Forum
diagnosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

diagnosis
I have a five year old daughter that is very angry.she gets angry to the oint where she attacks her sister and bothers, she even breaks her toys and anything in her way.she even kicks and punches things. She's in first grade her teacher told me that she's very good in school.so it has me wondering does she have bipolar.I really need advice about this as I don't know what to do anymore with her.thank you
She clearly does not display Bioloar Disorder. If she did, she would be showing problems across settings. Why? Because Bipolar Disorder is a biologically-based emotional disorder, and she can't 'check it at the door' when she goes to school. The problem, like most behavioral issues with young children, lies in the parent/child interaction and that is what you should focus on. As I often advise in this Forum, take a careful look at Lynn Clark's behavior management book called SOS Help for Parents. Follow the gudelines. See www.sosprograms.com.