Child Behavior Expert Forum
diagnosis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

diagnosis

I have a five year old daughter that is very angry.she gets angry to the oint where she attacks her sister and bothers, she even breaks her toys and anything in her way.she even kicks and punches things. She's in first grade her teacher told me that she's very good in school.so it has me wondering does she have bipolar.I really need advice about this as I don't know what to do anymore with her.thank you
242606_tn?1243786248
She clearly does not display Bioloar Disorder. If she did, she would be showing problems across settings. Why? Because Bipolar Disorder is a biologically-based emotional disorder, and she can't 'check it at the door' when she goes to school. The problem, like most behavioral issues with young children, lies in the parent/child interaction and that is what you should focus on. As I often advise in this Forum, take a careful look at Lynn Clark's behavior management book called SOS Help for Parents. Follow the gudelines. See www.sosprograms.com.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank