Child Behavior Community
drug addicted babies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

drug addicted babies

i have 2 grandchildren who are the victims of drug addiction from their mom.When she was pregnant with the both of them,she was and still using cocaine and drinking heavily.The first child has crying spells,no concentration,and gets really upset for no reason at all.i explain to the doctor what was going on,but he says it's just temper tantrum.Is it really?no i don't think so.The second child lives with the foster mother.She also have crying spells,but eats a whole lot.This child weighs 15lbs. and she is only 4 months old.Can you tell me what symptoms does these children have?

You could google "crack babies" to find out what symptoms to expect,  but I think you're right to be very concerned.  

I'm a little surprised your pediatrician is so dismissive.  Have you told him this child is a crack baby?  

Best wishes.  Hopefully this woman will stop having more babies who struggle with her issues.  : (   Bless you for being concerned about them.