Child Behavior Expert Forum
forced gagging

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

forced gagging

My daughter seems to eat OK with the nanny. When she arrives home and in the morning when my wife or I try to feed her, she gags to the point that if we are not careful, she forces herself to be sick.

She is 2 years old, and cannot take any kind of solid food yet.

Please help with ideas and suggestions.
What is your daughter eating? Is she taking in such things as baby cereal and baby food? Do those go down OK? Does she eat anything different when she is with the nanny than when she is with you? It may be that two things are occurring. As you know, she is well beyond the age when children begin to eat solid foods. There may be a problem with her swallowing reflex, and this should be evaluated. There may also be a behavioral component. Is she otherwise developing normally?