Child Behavior Expert Forum
frustrated as hell
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

frustrated as hell

Okay I have a 9year old daughter who lately has been doing whatever she decides to do and does not listen to what she should be doing. Or She is asked to put the wash clothes into the linen closet of her bathroom (a task my 4 year old son can do), I will be lucky if they even get to her bathroom and better if they are actually put on the shelf in her linen closet or even thrown into the linen closet at all. (my 4 year old tosses them into the bathroom or in the closet floor.) Am I expecting to much from her to be able to follow complete instructions, or to listen from start to finish of instructions?
My four year old has been showing some signs of not listening and doing what he wants because he sees it is okay for his big sister to do so. Friends say to nip this behavior because it will only get worse but have no suggestions for me as to how. So, How do I "nip" this behavior, How do I get her to understand how important it is to listen? How do I get her to understand that it is for her own good for her to pay attention to people and things around her? I think of her as an adult having these same issues and I am soo scared for her. Any suggestions will help.