Child Behavior Expert Forum
geographical tongue

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

geographical tongue

My daughter was told by her doctor that she has geographical
tongue.That it was very common, and there wasn't any treatment.
What do you know about it, and is there anything that can be
done
Dear Jay,

Geographic tongue is a harmless condition that is manifested by patches on the surface of the tongue. The name comes from the shape of the patches; their irregularity resembles parts of a map. There is no treatment for this condition; it disappears on its own.

You can search Medline through this forum if you'd like additional iformation.
Please don't let your tongue bother you! I have one myself - got it from my father. Now it's one of the few things I have to remember him by!

I actually get a kick out of how people react to it! Once a two year old asked me to stick it out. When I did, he told me it was broken! lol

I also enjoy explaining to others about how - when I get sick, the lines on my tongue change. This gets them interested.

Hope I have been some help. Be glad you're different on your tongue and not some other, more obvious place.

God Made You the way He wanted You,
Courtney

God Made You the way He wanted You,
Courtney