Child Behavior Community
hearing voices

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

hearing voices

my child is hearing voices in her head.   the voices say things like if you close the door you will die,  if you tie your shoe you will  stop breathing.  she is fine in all other areas.she did get sick 2 months ago and now thinks every little symptoms means she is very ill,even though we have had her checked by a dr. my husband thinks it is nothing to worry about.  she does not believe  the voices, but i do not know what to .  help pleasethink
You don't say how old she is,  but hearing voices with frightening messages isn't really that uncommon for kids in the 5-7 age range,  and around there.  

Sounds like anxiety.  The more matter of factly you handle this - "you don't really look sick to me, you look fine,  I remember what you looked like when you were sick, and that's not happening now".  "ignore the voices and they'll probably go away".    I think the more you act concerned the more frightened she'll become.

It sounds like she could use a little distraction,  too - can she start a new project or get involved in something that takes her mind off things?

Best wishes.
When I was young I had problems like that, when I was 4-7 I had nights where I'd stay up all night because I was scared if I would die. She'll get over it, but she'll probably be overly anxious throughout her childhood. Don't let her get lost in a store, she'll freak out.
our 8 year old has always been in trouble mostly at school he says he has two voices in his head one tells him to be good the other tells him to be bad and the bad one wins he back answers his teacher  constantly yelling out in class but he has above average abilities even his pschycologist cant match him up with any other case he cant get help in special school because he is not backward help please this is the first time he has told us what is going on before.this his explanation has always been I don't know why he has been getting worse at school. hitting kids in their privates .he has been like this since he was about three.wants to hurt you .
It is a stage that normal children may go through. They make up the voices. They know they are not real. It has to do with developing an understanding free will and lack of free will. Children are more profound than most people realize.